Friday, September 20, 2013

Smiles are contagious!

My life pretty much revolves around weddings.  I have, so far, been in nine different weddings, been a guest to dozens, and photographed many.  You could say that I am a wedding connoisseur.  For this reason, many people ask me what my favorite wedding has been.  I could say my sister's, or my long time childhood friend's….I could say the one that had a million twinkle lights hung from the rafters, or the one with the perfect view of the most beautiful city in the US (Pittsburgh DUH!)  or I could say the one with the amazing five tiered wedding cake that had the fluffy buttercream frosting.  But no, none of these are my answer.  My favorite weddings would be one of the very first ones I had the privilege of shooting.  The bride's smile was contagious.  I never met someone so sincerely excited, happy, appreciative, or in love.

Yes, the wedding was beautiful and yes, the cake was AWESOME, but the bride and her infectious mood made it one of the most enjoyable experiences!

The ceremony and reception was held at the Morning Glory Inn.  This venue is nestled right in the heart of the South Side. One street back from the infamous Carson Street, sits this angelic red brick building.  Complete with a flower laced courtyard, and glowing candles, you would never know that it was in Pittsburgh's Saturday night hot spot.  

The day was filled with the couple's own personal touches, right down to the Pittsburgh/Southern cuisine (where both the bride and groom's families were from) to the picture frames featuring photos of the couple through the entire inn.  They really made it feel like a welcoming casual environment for there guests, they made it feel like home!  It was a perfect way to start their lives together!

No comments:

Post a Comment