Friday, September 6, 2013

412, PGH, HOME: Part 1

Our city, Pittsburgh, what an amazing place.  If I could only pick one place to shoot for the rest of my life, I would pick the city of Pittsburgh.  I love going "dahn tahn"and just looking.  There are just so many colors and textures and things to see.  The old mixed with the new, the architecture, and my favorite, the street art.



 Although I have shot several engagement shoots on the North Shore, using the bridges and the skyline as an amazing backdrop, one of my favorite places to shoot is the Strip District.  If you haven't had a chance to go down there recently, please do so soon!  This weekend would be a perfect weekend for it.


**our mini Strip adventure complete with fresh chicken tacos and a trip to Wholey's**
If you continue to read this blog in the future, you will learn that I am slightly, okay maybe a little more than slightly, obsessed with food.  The SD (Strip District)  has so much to offer a person like me i.e. great photo opps and so much inspiration for a great menu.  If you ever go, you are more than welcome to bring me back some cheddar/carmel popcorn mix from Pittsburgh Popcorn Factory! (so addicting!)

These are images from a teen shoot I did last fall.  I think this is when my love affair began with the Strip District.  There is just so much to work off of down there and it doesn't SCREAM Pittsburgh, but you still get the 412-Urban feel.  It also made things easy having a pretty, and sweet girl to photograph.




No comments:

Post a Comment