Thursday, September 5, 2013

Dabble

Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said: "one can't believe impossible things." 
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." 

I have a mind that wanders.  It likes to see things in many ways, in many colors, and angles.  This may be why growing up I dabbled in many different things.  Painting, singing, drawing, sculpting, writing… anything that would let the creative juices flow.  The other creative thinkers out there may understand this better than others.  When you are really into something, your mind stop wandering for a moment and you can get lost in the action, in the moment, in the then&now. 


 I never participated to just one thing.  I always have enjoyed having multiple outlets for my ever thinking head.  I love mixing things I love, and use one to inspire the other.  Mix and match talents.  


Currently, well for the past few years, my favorite release is cooking.  I can walk into a kitchen and be inspired.  Even if it is 10:30 at night, and I worked a full day, there is something about all of the smells and colors and flavors that just puts my mind at easy.  Who wouldn't want to go to bed with their house smelling of fresh baked cinnamon rolls, or a spicy scent of chili? 

No comments:

Post a Comment