Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Picking Wildflowers - Pittsburgh Engagement

As a woman, I can think of very few things sweeter than the man a love coming home with fresh picked flowers.  So what could be more perfect than an engagement session being knee deep in a beautiful field of them!?  

Last summer I received a text from this beautiful bride asking if I could squeeze in a quick engagement session while her and her fiancé were home from his training.  ( Did I mention HER fiancé is MY fiancé's best friend?)  Of course there was no problem making time for them, but because they were a very special couple, I wanted a very special location for this shoot!  And I think we nailed it!  
He had proposed serval months early, right before he had to leave for basic training.  For the first few months of this new exciting chapter in their lives, all they could share were hand written letters to one another.  Finally, after months apart, they were together.  This only lasted a short while before he had to leave again for the Marines and her to go back to school.  With all this time a part, it is no wonder you can see all of the love and happiness in shining out of these pictures. 
 A photographer is still on the job, even when she is not on duty.  

Finally, together at least, and no more waiting.  The couple said their "I do's" in front of friends and family in Carmel, California this summer.  Being a guest to their wedding was a great excuse for my camera and I to head out west and witness the start of something truly beautiful. 

** I couldn't resist playing paparazzi and getting a shot of him first seeing her walking toward him,  or many of the other special moments from this unforgettable weekend **


No comments:

Post a Comment